A 3D graphic featuring a vibrant rocket ship amidst playful 3D shapes, money, and a briefcase. The artwork is set against a backdrop of a light green and light blue gradient.

In 2007, with the launch of the first iPhone, Apple took a groundbreaking step by offering a Software Development Kit (SDK) to app development firms. In 2008, the Apple App Store emerged, providing developers a unified platform to connect with every iPhone user. Now, in 2023, there exist numerous App Stores and a staggering 8.9 million smartphone apps globally. The enduring appeal of Mobile Apps shows no signs of fading, so it might be time to throw your hat int he ring.

In today’s competitive market, having a mobile app can often create a significant impact. The current mobile app landscape differs greatly from the website-centric world. Research indicates that only 8% of mobile phone usage occurs in a browser, with the remaining 92% of time spent on apps. Mobile apps provide a smoother user experience and are generally more dependable compared to using a phone’s browser.

If you’re trying to break into the mobile app space, here are some steps for creating and launching a mobile app


It’s important to start by brainstorming and conceptualizing the app’s purpose and features. Define the target audience, outline the app’s functionality, and plan its user interface. Create a roadmap and strategy for development, considering factors like platforms, technologies, and budget. This crucial step sets the foundation for the entire app-building process.


It’s crucial that the app’s visual and interactive elements take shape before development. Create wireframes and prototypes, determining the layout, colors, fonts, and overall user interface. The design phase is essential for ensuring an engaging and user-friendly mobile app.


You can now write the code that brings the app to life. Make sure you use a programming language and framework suited for the chosen platform (iOS, Android, etc.), and implement the features and functionalities outlined in the planning phase. The development process involves creating the app’s structure, integrating databases, APIs, and third-party services, and optimizing performance for a seamless user experience. This phase transforms the design and planning into a functional and interactive mobile application.


Alongside or after development, it’s important to test rigorously. Assessing the app’s functionality, performance, and user experience. Thorough testing helps guarantee a stable, reliable, and error-free app before it’s released to the public, enhancing user satisfaction and minimizing post-launch problems.


Once testing is complete, the app is prepared for release to the app stores or distribution platforms. Make sure you follow each platform’s guidelines and requirements when deploying the app. Every App store has different rules. If you’re lucky the app will deploy smoothly and, once approved, become available for users to download and install. Deployment marks the transition from development to the public launch, making the app accessible to a wide audience of users.


After the app is launched, ongoing maintenance is crucial to ensure its optimal performance and user satisfaction. Regular updates may include bug fixes, feature enhancements, and compatibility adjustments to keep the app current and responsive to user needs.